About Me? 0 O?

My photo
Kan Yean Thoong || 28/09/1992 || KL-born, raised in Klang; stays in Subang Jaya. || Supporter and nurturer of the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of others. || Freelacer || Community worker || Home-schooler || Philopsopher || Adventurer || Spiritual and Emotional Healer ||

Saturday, September 25, 2010

HOW DO YOU LEARN?

HOW DO YOU LEARN?


Have you ever asked yourself this question?


Did you know that people learn differently?

Did you know that some people even think they are a “slow learner” or have “poor memory”? Yet these same people find that they can easily learn many other things e.g. how to use the internet or play basketball or they can find that they have no trouble remembering that they have a night out with friends tomorrow!





Perhaps it is not that they are a “Slow Learner” or have a “Poor Memory” but rather that they haven’t always had information presented to them in a way that they can understand, or in a way that caters for their learning style.





HOW DO YOU LEARN & COMMUNICATE?

Complete the survey below and total up your scores.

What is Your Communication Preference?

For each of the following statements, please place a number next to your chosen answers. Use the following system to indicate your preferences:

           Give 2 points to the closest description of you
          Give 1 points to the next best description
          Leave two spaces blank
(Be sure to write down your points via paper or via in your head for scoring later; I’ll be doing mine to show you an example.)

1.     I make important decisions based on:

____    what looks best to (V)
____    which way sounds the best (A)
_1__    gut level feelings (K)
_2__    precise review and study of the issues (AD)

2.     During an argument, I am mostly likely to be influenced by:

_1__    whether or not I can see the other person’s point of view (V)
_2__    the other person’s tone of voice (A)
____    whether or not I am in touch with the other person’s argument (K)
____    the logic of the other person’s argument (AD)

3.     I most easily communicate what is going on with me by:

____    the way I dress and look (V)
____    my tone of voice (A)
_1__    the feelings I share (K)
_2__    the words I choose (AD)

4.     When I am setting up my bedroom, it is most important to me to:

____    have the right colours in the room (V)
_1__    have the sound system set up properly so that I can play music (A)
____    select the most comfort furniture (K)
_2__    make sure every thing is put in its proper place (AD)

5.      I find that:

____    I easily notice changes in the way places or people look (V)
____    I am very aware of the sounds of my surroundings (A)
_2__    I am very sensitive to other people’s feelings (K)
_1__    I am very adapt at making sense of new facts and data (AD)

6.     In order to know if someone is doing a good job I need to:

____    see them do the job (V)
____    listen to a description of the way they are doing their work (A)
_2__    do the job with them or experience some aspect of their work (K)
_1__    have all the facts and figures on the work that’s been done (AD)

7.     I find that in a class or workshop presentation I take most notice of information that:

____    I can see, such as power point or information presented pictorially (V)
____    I can hear, such as what the presenter is saying (A)
_2__    I can learn by doing an activity or exercise (K)
_1__    is presented in terms of fact and figures (AD)



(V)
(A)
(K)
(AD)











Totals
1










1
2
1









3
1
1
2
2
2






8
2
2
2
1
1
1





9
VAKAD Communication Preferences are also referred as your Learning Styles; choose your 2 top scores.






No comments:

Post a Comment